This PrePhalt® product is the only modification of our product line based of FT waxes. These waxes were already frequently used in the asphalt industry. The types used, however, had a melting point of 115°C degrees. This is quite high for a low temperature additive. The application-temperature will then be between the 140°C en 110°C. Many people who use the FT waxes compress the asphalt at too low temperatures. This has a very negative effect on the properties of the mixture. By using FT waxes it is possible to lower the process temperature with 30°C to 40°C. This means that the processing temperature can be between 140°C en 70°C.
Why PrePhalt® SK
- Reduction of asphalt temperature up to 70°C Improves workability of the asphalt mix
- Asphalt transportation over longer distances is possible
- 30°C to 40°C more workability than other FT waxes
- Improves asphalt stability
- Can be recycled in ordinary asphalt